SIT60322 – Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
CRICOS Course Code: 110915H
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions. This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for acquiring targeted skills in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
This course is delivered on full-time (20 contact hours per week) basis across 52 weeks consisting of 36 study weeks (four terms of nine weeks each) and scheduled holiday breaks after students complete the Diploma of Hospitality Management qualification from the SIT training package.
VIA Education recognises previous studies or relevant industry experience via recognition of prior learning or credit transfer process to deliver this course in shortened duration.
The total cost of this course is $8,000 payable in six instalments of $2,000 each. The due date of each instalment will appear in your Letter of Offer.
There is an additional non-refundable $200 enrolment fee payable at the time of enrolment, and a $200 materials fee payable for this course (refundable if you decide to cancel your course prior to commencement).
Students who successfully complete this course will be issued with a SIT60322 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued to students who partially complete this course.
All certification documentation will be issued by Cachet Training Pty Ltd trading as VIA Education.
Mode of delivery
This course is delivered full-time (20 contact hours per week) using blended mode with predominantly face-to-face delivery (15 hours per week) in classroom environment and some distance delivery (5 hours per week) using Moodle platform. Additional self-directed study at home is also required to achieve the desired course outcomes.
Language of delivery
This course will be delivered and assessed exclusively in English.
The following entry requirements apply to this course:
Age requirement: All students must be over 18 years of age.
English language proficiency requirement: Overseas students must demonstrate at least an Upper Intermediate (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent) level of English prior to commencement.
Academic requirement: All students must have completed the Diploma of Hospitality Management qualification from the SIT training package or having four years of full-time equivalent relevant industry experience.
VIA Education recommends students follow the preferred pathway for this qualification. It strongly recommends completion of the Diploma of Hospitality Management qualification from the SIT training package or having four years of full-time equivalent relevant industry experience before entering this qualification.
Upon successful completion of SIT60322 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management course, students may elect to undertake further studies at higher education level or seek an employment outcome.
Employment outcomes from this qualification may include: Area Manager; Motel Manager; or Operations Manager.
Units of competency
To be awarded the SIT60322 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management at VIA Education students will need to complete all 33 of the units set out below:
- BSBFIN601 Manage organisational finances
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- SITXCCS016 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN010 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXFIN011 Manage physical assets
- SITXGLC002 Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law
- SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
- SITXHRM010 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM012 Monitor staff performance
- SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT005 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMPR014 Develop and implement marketing strategies
- SITXWHS008 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHCCC043 Work effectively as a cook
- SITHCCC023 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC027 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC028 Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC029 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC030 Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC031 Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
- SITHCCC035 Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC036 Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC037 Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC041 Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC042 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXFSA008 Develop and implement a food safety program
- SITHPAT016 Produce desserts
- SITXINV006 Receive, store and maintain stock
- SITXHRM008 Roster staff
- BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
Students are provided with an assessment manual at the commencement of each unit of competency, along with standard learner materials.
The assessment manual sets out the range and types of assessment tasks that will be used for the unit.
Each unit will comprise of number of assessment tasks which include providing responses to short answer questions; compiling portfolio of evidence of completed work; participating in practical activities such as demonstrations, role-plays and presentations.